About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Unused Photos From the Past Few Weeks

Here's a few pics I intended to build blog posts around. Then I forgot what I was going to write and they've been sitting unused ever since.

First, a while back one of the less-capable mariners who volunteers with the Petaluma Sea Scouts had a problem with the steering gear in one of the motor whaleboats during the River cleanup a while back. He ended up drifting to a nearby dock where he left the boat and took the kids home, so at the end of the day, Matt Herman and I got to go back and salvage it. Here's a shot of us cruising back to the marina. Matt's at the throttle and I'm steering with the emergency tiller:
Tiller Steering

Somewhere around that same time, I was helping dad make new 75-year-old fenders for his International pickups. Here's the first one out of the mold bolted in place on one of the trucks:
Workshop Progress 002
I also got shanghaied into helping one of my neighbors in the marina move a sailboat that had a dead auxiliary engine. So here's a shot of me in swashbuckling pose:


This weekend I caught up with my friend Rich who was in the Bay Area on a layover while travelling from the Far East to New England. He was on orders from his wife and kids to visit Fenton's Creamery:
Shawn Rich Fenton's

And visit we did:


Finally, for no reason at all, here's a rooster on a gate:

No comments:

Post a Comment