About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Foam Pistols for Friendly Pistolwhipping

In other news, I've been experimenting with casting the pistols in flexible foam.
Foam Pistol Tests
The idea is to make a lightweight copy that won't break when it's dropped (or bounced off someone's head). So far I've only managed one decent looking pull. The rest all have significant voids or else the mold gave way under the pressure of the expanding foam and made a really bad parting line.

It looks like I'll have to remake the mold if I really want to make this idea work.  That'll have to happen later sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment