About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Handful of Pics I've Been Meaning to Post

Lately I've been noticing a lot of things that I want to take pictures of. In a mad rush to snap the shot I notice "crap, I don't have my camera on me." Then every once in a while I actually have my camera on hand and I snap a picture that I plan to post to my blog and promptly forget all about it. Then I find myself paging through my files and thing "crap, that was for the blog." After a handful of those crap moments, it's finally time to pass this crap on to you, dear readers.

Enjoy.

Here's a guy that makes me really glad I decided to finish school:
Vendor Cart
And one of my neighbors down at the marina:
Neighbor

Random shot of a man with a plan:
Spamley Davidson
Here's a shot I took while filling my car at the gas station on Kastania Road on the way to the union hall:
Kastania Scenery
Here's a picture of a cow resting comfortably, inches away from a tumbling death:
Coastal Cow 1

And another cow grazing on the edge:
Coastal Cow 2 Both of these cows were hanging out on the narrow strip of ground between the Pacific Coast Highway and a cliff that drops a few hundred feet to the ocean below. I can't help but wonder how often a cow falls off or gets knocked off by a passing car.

Anyhow, here's a shot Ana took of me flying a kite that same day:
kite photo 4
This photo was made possible by the fact that I know how to fly a kite. I have no photos of Ana flying a kite.*

I realize I've got a lot of blogging to catch up on. I intend to get it done, so stay tuned.

*The implication here is that Ana doesn't know how to fly a kite. That implication is not entirely fair. She does in fact know how to fly a kite. She also knows how to steer a kite. Furthermore, she knows how to steer a kite into a high-speed sharp right turn, crash catastrophically into a neighboring kite (severing the neighboring kite's strings in the process) and then dive a kite straight into the ground.

1 comment:

  1. Wait we weren't supposed to be battling with our kites? Where did you learn to fly kites! Maybe your kitefu just sucks. ;)

    ReplyDelete