Yesterday I had Trevor back in the workshop with me to help with the heavy lifting.
The first thing we did was duplicate this assembly:
We built it backwards, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it'll matter all that much.
At this point, the project gods decided to check in on us. It seems they were displeased with our backwardness and demanded yet another blood sacrifice:
Still, a small price to pay.
The good news was that the large components were now built and ready to be bolted together. Since there isn't quite enough space in the workshop with smooth, level pavement and over eight feet of overhead clearance, I had to clear out the garage in my parents' house and start setting things up in there:
It's a very spacious 2-car garage that they have and this monstrosity took up almost the full width:
Meanwhile, I now have most of the costume components I'll need for this project:
The tactical fanny packs might be a bit too big though:
Today I'll be continuing work on this project. I'll probably make progress on the mast. Stay tuned...