Shortly after I last wrote about Goofy Project #5049, I finished assembling a couple of these:
Luckily I managed to avoid getting any blood on them.
In addition to adding some handy horizontal work space, these new assemblies made for a great place to design the next portion of Goofy Project #5049:
With the poorly rendered, slipshod thumbnail sketch established for guidance, I promptly began building right on top of it:
By the end of the day, I had achieved this:
Making the workshop look like the beginnings of a low-budget reenactment of 2001: A Space Oddysey.
For the first vital detail to be added to Goofy Project #5049, I cobbled together this little masterpiece kludge of prop engineering:
The following day, it was clear that Goofy Project #5049 was starting to take up too much space. So I decided it was time to unstack everything and move it outside so I could get started on the next phase:
The next phase needs black grating:
Here's me and Matt screwing:
Matt was pleased:
Somewhere along the way, I've also started to stack up some of the smaller parts:
Stay tuned for more news and pictures of Goofy Project #5049. I promise it will all make sense soon...