About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yesterday I Saw the Most Beautiful Butterfly...

...moments before it splattered across the windshield:
Butterfly

I gave it a proper memorial service though:


This was at Pacific Junction, Iowa. It's a tiny little hamlet surrounded by miles and miles of corn. If you know your way around in the corn, you can find a Harley Davidson dealership there too. In case you can't find your way through the corn* there's a signpost to help you out as well:
Pacific Junction Harley Iowa

They have lots of shiny things to buy there:
Bike1
Bike2
But I didn't buy any of them since we didn't have enough room in the car:
Loaded
For that, and other reasons, we also didn't stop at the nearby Handbag Outlet:
Handbag Outlet
Tune in next time for the continuing trip north, the Corn Palace, the liesurely turn west, Wall Drug, Mount Rushmore, and more**...

*Nobody can find their way through corn, that's why cornfields so often find their way into American horror films.
**"More" includes buffaloes, antelopes, unidentified rodentia, dinosaurs, and a camel. Really.

1 comment:

  1. If you go to through the Badlands National Park. Look for the signs that say "beware of the Prairie Dog, they have the plague" Enjoy the corn.-Mrs. Vic

    ReplyDelete