About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The International Spy Museum

Today we visited the International Spy Museum. This is the only museum Ana and I have gone to here that actually charges admission. There were plenty of fascinating displays and whatnot that were all sorts of intriguing. All told we probably spent the better part of two hours learning all about everything from ways to insert agents behind the lines in WWII to the smuggling of American atomic weapon secrets to the Soviets in the later 1940's.

There are no pictures, because I was never there.

At the end of the tour there was a gift shop with all sorts of entertaining stuff. Among other things, I got a t-shirt with this Russian cosmonaut pinup printed on it:


This was a pretty random thing to find in the Spy Museum. You can also find this pinup, and others like it at http://www.bawidamann.com/. I've been a fan of this guy's work for years, so randomly stumbling across a t-shirt with one of his designs meant I had to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment