About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How to Wear Your Lifejacket

Some years ago I was working on a hydrographic research ship when it was pointed out that the posted instructions for donning the ship's lifejackets (the very same, picture-heavy, instructions which the manufacturer included with the lifejackets) weren't "clear enough."  As a result, the Captain instructed the 3rd Mate and myself (2nd Mate at the time) to write up a clearer set of instructions.  Here's what we came up with:


Feel free to print this picture and post copies of it on your own ship.  The USNS John McDonnell has since been retired from service.  Also, before anyone asks, yes, that beard I was wearing in the pictures was real.

No comments:

Post a Comment