About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Military Vehicle of the Week: 1/4 Scale PT Boat

Yesterday morning I got a phone call from my father telling me that this was about to close on ebay:



It's a PT Boat.  More specifically, it's a 1/4 scale model of a PT boat that was the years-long project of the seller's late friend.  It also comes with a trailer:


It has no engine or running gear of any kind and it would take a few weeks worth of steady work to finish everything up and launch it.  But the real beauty of it, the reason for even considering the purchase, is all of the little details painstakingly reproduced all over it:


I really don't need another boat right now though.

I'm glad someone outbid me on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment