About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Science Will Solve Everything

This afternoon I stumbled across this fascinating news article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/10293842.stm

For those of you who won't bother to click on the link, here's the short version:

Scientists in Massachussetts have taken the first step toward growing working replacement livers. LIVERS!

They hedge the whole story with plenty of statements about how long it will be before they're actually able to grow whole organs for transplant and how much work will have to be done before they can make long-term functioning liver grafts for transplanting into humans. They're probably right, but I don't think we should let any of this naysaying keep us from celebrating the news.


No comments:

Post a Comment