About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Handful of Interesting and Entertaining Videos

I've been seeing all sorts of good video online lately, so I figured I'd share a few that caught my eye for various reasons.

The other day I stumbled across this amazing short starring the little guy in the green "WALK" sign at a crosswalk in Tokyo:






Then there's this movie that tells the story of a day in the office from the photocopy machine's point of view:

Memoirs of a Scanner (Martinibomb Version) from Damon Stea on Vimeo.

Speaking of unusual points of view; here's a gorgeous little short film shot in New York using tilt-shift lenses to make the city look like a model:



The Sandpit from Sam O'Hare on Vimeo.



I've also found a wealth of interesting project videos like this guy's timelapse and photo mashup of a two-year project to make his own R2D2:

I need one of those, but it's pretty low on my list of things to build right now. It's somewhere between the battleship and the gyrocopter.

First I have to finish building the suit of armor though. On that subject, there's a HALO prequel game coming out. The dialogue in the preview is a bit cheesed up, but the costumes look great:

The in-game clips almost make me want to run out and buy an XBOX 360. I can't though, because then I'll want to scrap my current armor project in favor of this new version of the outfit.

I also figured I should share this video, a reminder of why I love theOnion:





Obama Caught Lip-Syncing Speech



Here's an entertaining film from Patrick Boivin, one of my favorite makers of short films:

I'm pretty sure I was on that flight.

Here's another one of his that was worth chuckling at:


And if you feel like losing some sleep, here's a zombie clown movie:


There've been plenty more, but I've wasted enough of your time already.

No comments:

Post a Comment