About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Now For Something Completely Different

Things are about to get a bit more interesting in my life.

For those of you who don't already know, I'm a Lieutenant Commander with the Naval Reserve.  This aftenoon I got a call telling me I'm being recalled to active duty for a little while in support of Operation Tomodachi*, the humanitarian aid effort in Japan.

The whole thing was very short-fused, so I'll be on a plane in no time at all.

As I did with my Afganistan adventure, I'll be posting as often as I can with stories, pictures, and whatever other information I'm allowed to post, so stay tuned.

*Tomodachi is Japanese for "friend."

.

2 comments:

  1. Travel safe. Thanks for all the craft knowledge before you go getting yourself all radioactive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the plus side you won't need LED lighting in your helmets any more. :0

    ReplyDelete