About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Joyous Equinox to All

I'd like to take a moment to remind everyone of the true meaning of Easter. A powerful story that changed the way that people thought for thousands of years to follow. While many religious scholars will argue over the exact dates, the general facts have long since been written. A long time ago* a child was born to a virgin mother married to a carpenter. His birth was attended by three wise men who brought him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. He was worshipped as the savior of mankind, working miracles, restoring sight, casting out devils, and even raising the dead. He was baptized, killed, buried, and three days later he was resurrected. He was also prophesized to battle evil forces in a second coming.

His name was Krishna.** Google it. His followers referred to him by a much more interesting title. The word they used meant "pure essence." That word was "jezeus."***


If you don't like that story, there are plenty of other interesting stories that are traditionally celebrated around the Vernal Equinox. Take your pick. This other one seems pretty popular:

Easter

*Supposedly around 1200BCE.
**I realize this was misleading. You probably thought I was writing about someone else, right? Like Horus or Mithra.
***Also of note, a common earlier spelling of the name Krishna was "Christna."

No comments:

Post a Comment