About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Congratulations to Me...

...and a bunch of other guys listed in this naval admin message:


http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/A8DE9023-E85F-4384-92AB-01A1AFDB1554/0/NAV09088.txt


It's now official. As of 01APRIL2009, I am Lieutenant Commander Thorsson. How scary is that?


In theory, having my name on that list makes me at least four inches taller, 17% more bulletproof, and 31% more likely to start walking on water.* In practice it means I'll get to enjoy at least a little bit of lieutenant commander's pay while I'm in a tax-free combat zone status. Either way, it's a good thing.

What I really love though, is that until (when and if ever) I get promoted again, my date of rank will stand as April Fool's Day. It's funny because it's not a joke.


*There's also some supposed correlations regarding the reduction of odors when I defecate, but I haven't been paying enough attention to know if they're true.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I am proud of you.


    You also forgot in that list...that technically your wife now has to salute you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news... Congrats!

    Does this new rank for you have an benefits that may help with your lack of camoflauging fact!?
    Just curious?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Shawn the Pretty Good:

    Congrats on your promotion!!! Also--I'm seriously coveting that coat and headdress from your previous posting. And the carpets. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am proud of you. Congratulations. Not exactly in that order.

    Damn...now I have to salute you. Somehow it seems that there is something fundementally wrong with that.

    At least April Fool's day will have a whole new fun rign to it for me, though...just because...

    ReplyDelete