About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

This is Heavy

A while back, Nike filed for a patent for power laces as seen in Back to the Future Part II.  There's been a lot of conjecture about what they planned to do with that patent.  Looking at the teaser video below, it looks like the first shoes with power laces will be commemorative Nike Air Mags much like those shown in the movie:

The scene in the movie was supposed to take place in 2013, so it looks like Nike has beaten the prediction. I don't know what they'll cost and I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of having to recharge my shoes, but I'm enough of a child that I'll have to own a pair. 

Then all I'll have to do is wear my pants inside out and find myself a hoverboard.

The ball's in your court Mattel...

No comments:

Post a Comment