About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Saturday, March 28, 2020

New Combat Garden Gnomes Ready to Deploy

What makes the grass grow?  Blood, blood, blood!

For the first time in quite a while, I've actually had the time to sit down and focus on sculpting for a minute.  The result, a new variant of Combat Garden Gnome.  This version is charging headlong into battle with his bayonet fixed:
Bayonet Charging Garden Gnome

Bayonet Charging Garden Gnome

As with all of my Combat Garden gnomes, the original was hand-sculpted by me in oil-based clay and then molded to reproduce him in urethane resin.  I'm especially proud of his angry little face:
IMG_20200316_103722

Once the first cast was out of the mold, it was painted with high-gloss exterior paints and deployed in my mother's garden.  There he will stay, facing all-comers in the endless battle for lawn dominance:
Bayonet Charging Garden Gnome

Meanwhile, work continues on the rest of the castings:
20200319_221419

If you'd like one for your very own, you can order them here: LINK

If you're feeling artistic and want to paint one yourself, you can order the unpainted version here: LINK

I've got a couple more sketches in the pipeline, so stay tuned for more Combat Garden Gnomes.

.

1 comment: