I made the mistake of mentioning to Ana that once the spreaders were installed, I could actually get the boat underway. Then she turned that notion into my mission and my whole t0-d0 list got turned upside-down. As a result, I've been spending a disproportionate amount of time dangling in the rigging as seen in this photo taken by my friend Ray Moss:
Here's another winning photo of me up on the mizzen mast while I was tightening the triatic stay:
This was the last day of my standing rigging scramble, a project that has now taken up a bunch of my free time and all of my free money for the past month or so. The last day of rigging work had me aloft and alow, forward and aft, and port to starboard. The last order of business for the day was to bend the sails to the spars and hoist them just to make sure that all the parts were there.
Once it was up, it took Ray asking me how long it's been before I realized that this was the first time the jib was hoisted and unfurled in over a year. There was a bit of elation involved, then the hoisting of the main and mizzen followed by some celebratory drinking.
Thanks again to Rui at Rooster Sails who did a great job of patching up what was left of my sails in time for me to get underway this past weekend. If anybody needs sail repair work done, I can't recommend him enough. Tell him Shawn Thorsson sent you.