About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

More Gnomes in Progress

I've been scrambling on a lot of projects these past few weeks and I've neglected the Combat Garden Gnomes for a while. That said, here's a work-in-progress of the long-awaited flamethrower gnome:
Flamethrower Gnome WIP

I'm pretty happy with how he's coming together, but I seem to have stumbled into whatever the sculptor's equivalent of writer's block. Until I figure out what it is I don't like about that one, I've been working on the Minesweeper Gnome:
minesweeper gnome rough sculpt

Not pictured just to the left of that frame is the very rough early version of the Heavy Machine Gun Gnome.

If everything goes according to plan, I should have all three wrapped up and molded by the end of the weekend.

In order to pay for the molding and casting material for these guys, I've listed yet another pile of unpainted gnomes in my etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/thorssoli.  

Get them while they're hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment