About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Learned Something New

I try to learn something new every day, but some days are less informative than others.

So the other night I was out to a restaurant having dinner with my friend Rich and his family when his daughter points out the toothpick jar on the table.  Specifically, she pointed out the little grooves cut into the top of the toothpicks:
Tooled toothpick

I've seen these grooves before and never given them a moment's thought until she asked me if I knew what they're for. When I told her I didn't know, she snapped the end off of one of them and placed it on the table like so:
Toothpick Rest

Apparently these are designed as an integral toothpick rest so you can set your toothpick down without getting it dirty.

So there you have it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment