About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Unseaworthy Vessel of the Week

Ever since my wife started doing the professional blogging thing, I've been enjoying the occasional story about the Coast Guard going out and rescuing someone from their own stupidity. While a lot of her stories tend to involve folks caught by surprise or suddenly unable to save their own lives, there were no shortage of folks who really just plain shouldn't have been on the water to begin with.

It's with these folks in mind that I would like to start periodically posting my favorite unseaworthy vessels as I find them. Today's entry comes from www.thereifixedit.com, a site about makeshift repairs and jury-rigged equipment.

Without further ado, I present the Beatnik Bass Boat:


In his defense, there's no shortage of flotation in the hull. Fortunately it looks like a fairly calm day on the local pond, so whenever his little car battery runs out of juice he'll eventually drift ashore.

I'd like to write something clever about the lack of lifejacket, running lights, backup propulsion, hull integrity, and so on, but I'm too distracted by this intrepid mariner's hairstyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment