About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

TSUNAMI WARNING IN EFFECT (everybody panic)

Ana forwarded me this excerpt from a NOAA Advisory Notice today:

"A TSUNAMI ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT WHICH INCLUDES THE COASTAL AREAS OF CALIFORNIA AND OREGON FROM THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE OREGON-WASHINGTON BORDER...FORECASTS INDICATE THAT A TSUNAMI WITH AMPLITUDES IN THE RANGE OF 20 TO 65CM IS EXPECTED ALONG THE CALIFORNIA AND OREGON COAST. TSUNAMIS OF THIS AMPLITUDE CAN GENERATE STRONG CURRENTS DANGEROUS TO THOSE VERY NEAR OR IN THE OCEAN. THE TSUNAMI IS EXPECTED TO BUILD AND REACH ITS MAXIMUM APPROXIMATELY ONE AND A HALF HOURS AFTER THE INITIAL ARRIVAL."

So a 20 to 65 cm tsunami is going to hit the California coast. For those of you about to freak out and evacuate, bear in mind that that translates to a wave that's about two feet high.

I suppose the metric system would make me sound pretty huge too.

We now return to our regularly scheduled bloggage...

No comments:

Post a Comment