Thursday, February 9, 2017

February 2017 UFO Sightings in the Workshop

So there's been a shortage of finished things to write about once again.  Part of that has to do with the fact that I'm a lazy blogger.  But most of that has to do with the fact that I've got a lot of works in progress these past couple of months.  In fact, I've got so many irons in the fire lately that I've been accused of having more iron than fire.

That's just because folks don't realize how much fire I've really got.

Still, to make sure you know I'm still alive and churning out projects, here's another roundup of UnFinished Objects currently in the works...

First up, there's this stack of parts:
Parts Stacking Up

That's about 75% of the carved prototypes that I need to put together for the T-60 Power Armor from Fallout 4.  Each of the individual pieces is kinda huge:
Hero Pose

Here's a lower leg:
Right Lower Leg Assembly Roughed

I still need to carve out the back plate(s), the feet, and the bigger section of the shoulders, but that project is moving right along.

On the subject of carving, there's also this thing:
Shin and Knee Stacked

That's the two pieces of the lower right leg of the War Machine suit as seen in Ironman 2.  I'm collaborating with a very talented friend of mine who agreed to do the smoothing and molding in exchange for keeping the first set of parts to come out of the mold.  It's slow going, but by now I've carved out the lower legs, the shoulder, pelvis, waist, spine plates, upper arms, and the thighs.

I made the helmet a couple of years ago.  One of these days I'll install the glowing red eyes and write up that project too:
WM Helmet Painting 15

On the subject of Marvel stuff, there's also this gem:
Red Anodize First Pass

I've been fighting with the red candy coat, but once I get that dialed in I can install the other piece:
Star Unmasked

On the subject of annoying paint, I've been making a batch of these guys:
Shiny Progress

I could've probably called them done months ago, but every time I look I spot some tiny, microscopic imperfection in the glossy surface and decide I need to sand everything down and clearcoat it again.  Here's one of them fully assembled:
TI83779 Helmet Glam

I suppose it's pretty shiny...

On the Star Wars front, I'm putting together three of these guys:
F-11D Blaster Without Stickers

The next one will have the extended buttstock and the third one will be chrome.  So there's that.

In unrelated news, I've gotten a good start on a sculpt for the Wolf Helm of Russ from Warhammer 40K:
Rough Shapes Blocked Front

There's other things in progress, but these are the only ones I'm in a position to discuss publicly.

Stay tuned for updates.  More madness is always on the way.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work!!
    And reading about your projects encourages me in my much smaller projects! :)