About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Monday, December 29, 2008

VBIED Attack in Khowst

In a brief this morning they showed us this video. It shows a truck loaded with explosives* as it approaches a security checkpoint outside of a government center in the Khowst province (in eastern Afghanistan) then detonates prematurely.


The government center was largely undamaged, but the same cannot be said for the crowd of elementary school students you see walking along the right side of the road in the video. Based on the last report I read, 14 of those kids were killed instantly in the blast and dozens more were seriously injured.

If you want to read a story about it.
CLICK HERE. For some reason, the video isn't getting a lot of circulation. I think it's the sort of story the world needs to be more aware of.

In other news, it snowed for a bit in Kabul today (finally) and there was an earthquake in the Badahkshan province (the northeast end of Afghanistan) that registered at 5.8 on the Richter scale.
More to come. Stay tuned.

*a Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) in current military language.

No comments:

Post a Comment