About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Monday, May 14, 2018

Countdown: FOUR Days to Maker Faire

Today the hours have finally caught up with me.

For those of you just now tuning in, I'm making all of my preparations for this year's Bay Area Maker Faire.

The plan is to bring two new suits: a Grey Knight Terminator from Warhammer 40k, and a T-60 Power Armor from Fallout 4.  I've never made either one of these before.  In case you're not familiar with either, the T-60 is the seven-foot tall monster that looks like so:


The Grey Knight will be an even taller beast that looks like this:


So I've got my work cut out for me.  Still, needing more of a challenge, I also decided to make a Mouser bot from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I don't have a good reason for that, but look at this adorable little guy:



I'll lose consciousness tonight before I cover all of the details, but the T-60 is at this stage:
Freddy Tries on Stilts

The Grey Knight is at this stage:
Shoulder Lettering 3

And the Mouser is right about here:
Madison Mouser

So it's going well.

There's other works in progress too, but for now it's bedtime.

Stay tuned for more progress and explanation tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment